Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Everett's First Pets

It's official. We are now the proud owners of two precious, little ... HERMIT CRABS. On my mother's trip to the beach this weekend for a wedding, she decided to bring Everett back a gift. As a child, we had a place at Atlantic Beach. I loved going to the beach each summer and bringing back a hermit crab. It seems like I got one each summer. Everett decided to name the crabs Bert and Ernie. Bert likes to stay in his shell during the day and we rarely get to see him, but Ernie is very "social." Everett wants to get him out and "play" all day. The first night they were in his room, we turned out all the lights and turned off the TV as we listened to them playing until he went to sleep. I remember being excited about my lil' pets as a child and I love seeing the same excitement in my child now.

No comments:

Post a Comment