Sunday, June 6, 2010

Getting Started

I have said so many times, I would love to start a blog, but would never have the time to do it. Well, I'm out to try to prove myself wrong. Writing has always been a passion of mine, as well as my family, so I thought I would join the two by starting this blog. I'm home on maternity leave and will be home all summer, so I thought there would be no better time than the present.

To start, we have just welcomed our newest boy to the Jackson household. Dylan McCoy was born May 7, 2010. After Greg and I lost our first son in 2006, due to a placental abruption at 39 weeks, I was considered very high risk in my subsequent pregnancies. Our next son, Everett Douglas was induced at 37 weeks in April '07 and was absolutely perfect. We followed the same plan with Dylan and delivered at 37 weeks as well. However, his lungs weren't quite ready and fully developed, so he had to stay in the Intensive Care Nursery under an oxygen hood for a few days. It was a nightmare for us, but the doctors and nurses that cared for him were the best and made a hard situation a lot easier. After spending 9 days in the ICN, Dylan was finally able to come home on May 16th.

Our family is complete and I am way outnumbered, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Everett is the best Big Brother one lil' baby could ask for. He gets very concerned with any little fuss Dylan makes. He wants to smell and kiss him all the time. He is very protective and hasn't shown any signs of jealousy. Dylan is a very easy baby. He still sleeps a lot, but is waking up a lot more the last week. He wakes one time during the night only to have a bottle and goes right back to sleep. He travels well in the car seat, but is not crazy about bath time. However, he is getting better. I feel so blessed every day to have such beautiful babies and a loving, hard-working husband. He has to be the best Daddy to his boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment